The washer and dryer are the household appliances that play a significant role in the running of a household, and also one of largest household appliance investments. As these are the among most used appliances at home, they should be well maintained. Today we’ll be looking at the maintenance of washer and dryer to keep them in tip top shape, and extend your investment.
While buying a washer and dryer, we should consider several factors like energy ratings, space availability, efficient, moisture senses, expresses dry, steam refreshes, load handled and convenience features. All these factors will help in the future maintenance of the appliance. Cleaning washers and dryers to keep them in good condition will help prolong their life and protect your investment.
In order to increase the durability of the washer and dryer, we have to follow certain routine steps. WITH a few maintenance guidelines, we can keep you machines safe and making them run better, saving time and money. The following steps may help in increasing the life of these appliances.
Maintenance of Washer
- The washer should be placed level so that they do not vibrate when they are working which may damage the appliance.
- Check the hoses for cracks and brittleness which will reduce the disaster of flooding. All the hoses should be replaced every five years in the long run, of a washer and dryer.
- Always dry the washer drum to avoid odor caused by bacteria.
- Do not overload the washer and dryer as this will cause them to work inefficiently.
- Do a routine maintenance wash with the help of some detergent and vinegar.
- Wipe down the drum with a clean cloth.
- Don’t allow washed, wet cloths to sit for hours in the washer.
- The quality of the detergent powder used also affects the durability of the washer and dryer. Always use proper amount and detergent powder.
Maintenance of Dryer
- Clean the lint filter often. Removing all the lint is a safety measure to avoid fire from the intense heat of the dryer. Keeping the lint under control is essential for cleanliness as well as the safety of the house.
- Wash and clean the lint filter to remove chemical residue from time to time.
- Check for blockages and bends in the exhaust ducts every three months.
- Always use aluminum exhaust ducts as it minimizes fire hazards.
You might want to check my posts Solutions to Remove Stubborn Greasy Stains From Fabrics and How to Install a Tankless Water Heater.
By following these basic instructions for the maintenance of washer and dryer. We can reduce the energy consumed, save money and most importantly prolong the life of the appliances.
Until next time,